Great weather, great participation and great volunteers made for another great GSPCI event. With a sunny afternoon, high of nearly 70 degrees we couldn’t have asked for a nicer spring day for the 20 teams and over 30 participants including volunteers. With half of the entrants participating for the first time, the Top Gun Competition is on its way to becoming GSPCI’s most popular field event. Everyone had a great time with the format and while this was a competitive format, no one let that get in the way of having a fun time in the field.
Running separate fields for Single Shooter and Two Shooter teams, the morning began right on time and stayed on schedule throughout the day. Judging the Single Shooter field was Perry Dlugie, while the Two Shooter field was judged for the majority of the day by Matthew Dlugie.
Taking a break for another classic GSPCI lunch, prepared by brothers Al and Brad Haseman, the teams took to the fields for the remaining runs of the day.
A Fantastic lunch was prepared by Al and Brad Haseman, seems like it gets better every time.
At the end of the day,
- Chuck Horvath and Zoey mastered the Single Shooter Course with a score of 94 @ 6 minutes. Chuck also won this event in 2016 partnering with his other dog, Chase.
- Brad Pomrenke and Jordy took 2nd place with an 89 @ 11 minutes, and
- Brett Pomrenke and Cricket took 3rd place with 80 points @ 10 minutes.
The top three placements in the Two Shooter class where extremely close.
- Matt/Mike Murray and Jack won the class with a score of 92 @ 7:24 minutes.
- Dave Wolfe/Larry Lubbs and Lanka had a score of 91 @ 8:29 minutes for 2nd place
- Brad/Brett Pomrenke and Jordy placed 3rd with a score of 91 @ 8:50 minutes.
Close scores and tough competition. Dave/Larry and Lanka where defending their 2016 Championship.
Really encouraging to see lots of great Father/Son, Brothers and just Friend Teams participating. All the participants are already looking forward to the 2018 event. Make sure that you’re a part of the fun too!
Thank you to all the participants and volunteers for the day.
- Judges: Perry Dlugie, Chuck Horvath, Matt Dlugie
- Bird Planters - Frank Susi, Rich Gilloffo, Mark Gilloffo, Ivan Bivolarov
- Food Preparers - Al Haseman, Brad Haseman
- Marshall - Dave Wolfe
- Score Tabulator - Chuck Horvath
- Stand by Gunner - Larry Lubbs